URBAN & TOWN PLANNING
Being No Limit (A1) Category Sterling Town Planning Firm, UCH offers a diverse range of smart Town and Urban Planning Services to both the private sector and government agencies that include:
Land Use Planning
Layout Plans (LOPs)
LAND MANAGEMENT & VALUATION
Land administration system in Pakistan is highly complex and is based on traditional land registers and cadastral maps in paper formats, and their maintenance is mainly dependent on the hard works of the local land administrator so called “Patwari” at the grass-root level within his jurisdiction.
We support our clients in land management through digitization of these hard copies and ready analysis of the land sale/purchase aspects.
We support for digitization of paper based cadastral maps called khasra plans while highlighting the sale/purchase status for any particular housing society.
Our clients feel satisfaction about the actual status of their land sale/purchase for timely decision making.
So far, we have supported large number of housing societies in digitization of their land record and present these record for approval of their Layout Plans (LOPs).
Based on our in-depth knowledge of land and housing markets, we provide consultancy services for conducting feasibility studies of land and its valuation as per prevailing market rates and future prospects of respective land uses.
We also provide our services for valuation of building or property based on the applicable market and official rates. Our estimates duly consider sort of building, its structure, durability, location, size, shape, width of roads, frontage, types and quality of building materials used and the cost of these materials.
SMART CITY IDEAS & SOLUTIONS
Together with our clients and our interdisciplinary team, we think outside the box and develop visions for tomorrow.
We innovate in the creation of methodologies and products of urban transformation both internally and in collaboration with our technological partners.
We promote new ideas and innovations in affordable housing, building construction, adaptation of new and smart technologies, and promotion of planned & sustainable urban development. Our key initiatives are:
- Integration of traditional villages in the planned fold of urban sprawl.
- Green Building that aims to promote healthy living with social cohesion in the small houses.
Android/tablet based building surveys to promote mapping of land uses and curb unapproved building construction
Our Green Building Design Concept is based on four pillars:
- Family needs an open-air space for social cohesion and leisure time among parents & children.
- Provision of open-air sports and exercise facilities within the house.
- Children need frequent interaction with nature and birds/animals
- Production of healthy fresh food within the houses
INFRASTRUCTURE DESIGN & SUPERVISION
UCH has a dedicated engineering unit that is providing services for planning, designing and site supervision of infrastructure development services that include:
- Earth work & Road Design,
- Water Supply System,
- Sewerage System,
- Storm Water Drainage System,
- Sewerage Treatment Services,
- Water Storage Facilities,
- Electrification Works
- Installation of CCTV Cameras
- Traffic Management System
- Street Boards.
Currently, UCH is providing consulting services for infrastructure development designing and site supervision for
- Khudadad City (Airport Enclave),
- CBR Phase-II and CBR Residencia.
- Silver City Girja Road
- Magnolia Farmhouses
- First Resort & Farm Houses Chakri
- Many other projects – limited services
The planning and design of infrastructure services include detailed specifications, designs, BOQs, and other relevant documents required for undertaking development work on site through the contractors. UCH is also responsible for preparation of submission drawings/documents of these services and their approval by RDA / CDA.
LAND ACQUISITION & RESETTLEMENT
Preparation and Implementation Supervision of Resettlement Plans and Due Diligence Reports for resettlement impacts as per donors’ policies and Pakistan’s Land Acquisition Act 1894.
- Inventory of APs’ losses and surveys
- Resource person for workshop on “Land Acquisition and Resettlement under ADB’s polices”.
- Guide and supervise the Affected Persons Committees (APCs) and help in redressing of their grievances on this project.
- Training of staff to conduct surveys of APs’ losses (land, crops, trees, structures and livelihood).
Projects for which LARP have been prepared include:
- Greater Thal Canal: Choubara Canal System
- Multan-Muzaffargarh Road Project
- Kalat-Chaman Road Project
- Rawalpindi Environment Improvement Projects.
- KPK Road Projects
Land is usually required for many infrastructure projects, particularly for projects in housing, transport, and energy/ power sectors. In such cases, resettlement, relocation and rehabilitation of the affected people and compensation for their acquired land/property brings many issues in implementation that require redressal for success